An hour south of Tucson, Sierra Vista, Arizona, is close to the border of Mexico. Life Care Center of Sierra Vista is located close to downtown, with easy access to the city. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Visit Sierra Vista, the visitors bureau for the city, gives links to events, attractions, restaurants, hotels and shops in the area.
- The Patterson Observatory, located on the University of Arizona South campus, hosts free public viewings once per month where visitors can view objects one million times fainter than what the human eye can detect.
- The Fort Huachuca Museum details the history of the fort and military operations in the Southwest.
- The Tombstone, Arizona, Chamber of Commerce provides attraction, event, restaurant and shopping information for the town famous for the O.K. Corral gun battle.
- Discover Brisbee details the history of one of the richest mining sites in the world, operational until the 1970s, and provides information about the attractions, restaurants and shops in the historic city.